1. What category of personal information do we collect?
In order to serve you better and provide a good experience while using Our Sites, We may collect the following category of personal information in accordance with the relevant law:
- Identification and Contact Information
- Payment Information
- Demographic Information
- Images from CCTVs (During your visit to Our stores)
- Voice (when contacting Ameenah Client Service Team via telephone)
- Preferences, interests, and lifestyles
- Health information in relation to the adverse effect caused by Our products
- Clients’ information in public (e.g. product review)
- Clients’ purchase history on Our Sites
- Clients’ browsing behaviour on Our Sites
- Clients’ behaviour on the use of connected products
- Information posted on third party websites or social media platforms about Ameenah products and services
We may collect the abovementioned categories of data from you, or from third parties. If you decide not to provide us with any personal information necessary to fulfill a contract or when required by law, we will not be able to provide you with the goods or services that you requested or otherwise register on Our Sites.
2. How do we use your personal information?
Ameenah uses the personal information obtained from clients for the purpose as specified at the time of collection or as stated in this Policy:
- To ensure that we provide you with a high standard of service, we use personal information to improve our understanding of your lifestyle, interests and concerns. Furthermore, we may use your personal information for our marketing activities, to improve our Sites, and to customise your experience with us in order to better serve you and respond to your requests.
- To fulfill our contractual obligation(s) and provide you with our connected services. For instance, we will need your personal information to process your order and deliver your goods, communicate with you with regard to our goods and our Sites, respond to your queries, requests, and concerns.
- As it is our legitimate interest to ensure the security of our operation online and offline, we may use personal information for security reasons, e.g. to ensure the security of Our clients, Our associates, Our company, and Our Sites against all illegal actions.
- In the event that there is an adverse effect caused by our goods in accordance with our legal obligations as cosmetic manufacturer to protect our clients.
- For the purpose of Our Intellectual Property (“IP”) protection against counterfeit goods.
- For marketing purposes subject to your consent when applicable, e.g. update you about Our new products and special offers.
- For analytics purposes in relation to Our brand image and marketing strategies.
- Operational purposes, i.e. to maintain transaction and other business records for legal, administrative and audit purposes; to meet legal, insurance and processing requirements.
3. Who do we share customers’ personal information with?
We do not disclose or share your personal information that we collect, except:
- Within our parent and affiliated companies of Ameenah Group. Only authorised personnel can access the personal information only when necessary to do so.
- With the service providers and agents who perform service on Our behalf. For instance, service providers who manage and operate some of our Sites or who send emails for Us.
- With our business partners, if you agree; e.g. third parties who collaborate with Us to sponsor an event or promotion.
- With other third parties in an event of any business restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or liquidation. This includes mergers and acquisitions (M&A) of all or part of Our business or transfer, assignment, or sale of our assets.
- When We are required by law to do so or when it is necessary to comply with applicable law.
4.1 What type of cookies do we use?
• Improve the functional performance of our Sites and make it easier for you to use.
Operational and Security cookies:
• Required for the operation of our Sites
• For instance, it allows you to log into secure areas of our Sites.
• Allow us to monitor the traffic/quantity of visitors of our Sites and understand/evaluate the behavior of the visitors, i.e. how do visitors navigate through our Sites. This facilitates to the enhancement of our site making it more user-friendly and intuitive.
4.2 How to manage cookie settings in your browser?
Below are instructions on how you can manage the cookie settings per your preferences for each browser.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and above:
Go to “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
Click on “Confidentiality”
Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
Select “settings” then click “show advanced settings”
In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings
For Mozilla Firefox:
Go to “Tools” then “Options” menu
Click on the “Privacy” settings
Select your preferred option on the “Cookie” menu
For Safari on iOS:
In the “Settings” app, go to “Safari” menu
Go to “Accept cookies” entry under “Privacy”
Select your preferred option
For Android browser:
Click on the upper right button
Go to “Settings” then “Privacy & security menu”
Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
In the Menu, go to “More” then “Settings”
Select the “Privacy & security settings” menu
Select you preferred option in the “cookies” menu
Go to “Files” > “Preferences”
Click on “Privacy”
Select your preferred options
4.4 We may include in our Sites the possibility to share content with third parties or to let third parties know you browsed our website. Such is the case for instance of “Like” and “Share” functions as offered by various social network platforms.
4.5 Social networks which offer these functions may identify you even though you do not use these functions on our website. Such functions allow social network platforms to track information about your browsing records/histories on our Sites whenever your social network account(s) is active while browsing our Sites.
4.6 We do not control how these social network platforms collect, use, disclose or modify your Personal Data while you are browsing our Sites. We recommend that you read the Privacy/Personal Data Policies of these social network platforms to find out how they use Personal Data they collect (including for advertising purposes) through these buttons. These Privacy Policies should provide you information about how to manage your preferences on your social network accounts.
5. Transfer of personal information
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in jurisdictions where an Ameenah entity is located for the purpose of ensuring the high standard of Our service globally.
You may obtain a list of the jurisdictions We operate in from here.
- We may transfer customers’ personal information to service providers who manage our Sites or process personal information.
- Recipients may be located in the countries which are deemed as not having the same level of data protection as required by the international standard.
- We take maximum precautions to provide protection for the transfer of customers’ personal information to recipients in the countries as described in Clause 5.2 by entering into data transfer agreements based on available valid data transfer mechanisms.
6. Retention Period
- Your personal information will be kept no longer than a period of time deemed necessary by Ameenah for achieving the as prescribed under Clause 2 of this Policy. After a reasonable period of time, personal information may not be kept in such a way that allows customers to be identified.
- Personal information collected for the specific purposes under Clause 2 of this Policy will be stored for:
– Three (3) years since our last contact, for prospect clients (no purchase made with Us)
– The duration of your relationship with Ameenah and 10 years thereafter, for clients who made purchase with us
- We will store clients’ personal information to be used in legal matters. If a judicial proceeding is initiated, relevant personal information may be stored until the end of such proceeding (including its appeal).
7. Your Rights
- Access to the personal information we maintain about you as required by law.
- Obtain a copy of any personal information we possess about you in a portable format.
- Provide you general or specific instructions on how to process and use your personal information after your death.
- Request us to correct, amend, erase, incomplete or out-of-date personal information
- Request to delete your personal information on the following conditions:
– If your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose of data processing.
– You have withdrawn your consent on the data processing.
– You objected to the data processing.
– Personal information processing is unlawful in that jurisdiction.
– Personal information must be erased for legal compliance or as legal obligation applicable to Ameenah.
- Request limitation or restriction of personal information processing in the following events
– When your personal information is contested to allow Ameenah to check.
– If you wish to restrict your personal information rather than deleting it.
– If you need Us to keep it for your use in relation to any legal actions or legal proceedings.
– If you have objected to the processing of your personal information subject to any legitimate grounds of personal information processing that Ameenah has in accordance with the law.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority.
- You may withdraw any of your consent you previously gave us at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before such withdrawal.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information by Ameenah to the extent permitted by law.
- If you wish you to exercise your rights under this Clause, please contact us at email@example.com
8. Protecting your Personal Information
- Ameenah will provide security measures to protect customers’ personal information as required by law against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against all unlawful forms of processing.
- Although we try to protect our database, systems, sites, operations, and personal information in our control against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against all unlawful forms of processing, internet is not a completely safe platform. Therefore, we cannot fully guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from the above factors.
- We recommend that you do not to share any username, password, authentication data, or any other Technological Protective Measures (TPM) provided to you with anyone. Furthermore, we suggest that you do not re-use passwords across more than one website or application. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to provide Us with your personal information and not a “minor” in your jurisdiction to engage in transactions on Our Sites. By engaging in transactions with Ameenah, you confirm that you are not a “minor” under the law of your jurisdiction and are fully able to enter into and be legally bound by such transactions.
- If it comes to Our knowledge or We learn that a minor has provided personal information to Us through our Sites, we will delete such personal information without unreasonable delay.
10. Third Party Sites
11. Changes to this Policy
- The effective date of our Privacy/Personal Data Policy is posted below.
12. Contact Us
- Chayaphon Keera is Ameenah’s Personal Data Specialist.
- Puwin Keera is Ameenah’s General Counsel.